“Nice to meet you” is used as a friendly greeting when you meet someone for the first time.
Hello. It’s nice to meet you at last.
But, how should you respond to a person telling you: “nice to meet you!”
Would “Me too” be okay?
You may like to start by saying “Thank you” as this is more polite. Then:
- Nice to meet you too. – the most common way
- Pleased to meet you too/as well.
- It’s a pleasure to meet you too/as well.
- Pleasure to meet you too.
- The pleasure is all mine.
Formal and informal:
- It’s very nice to meet you (too/as well).
- Nice to meet you too.
- Lovely to meet you.
- Glad to meet (you too).
- You too.
- And you.
- Same here.
Now, what about “Me too?”
Try to avoid using “me too” because there is not a consensus about that. Saying “me too” wouldn’t make sense as it means “It’s also nice for me to meet me.”
Got it? So there are plenty of other options. Vary according to the person you are responding to and the setting.